Make Sure You Get Your Full 2012 HVAC Tax Credit

Make Sure You Get Your Full 2012 HVAC Tax Credit

ENERGY STAR has announced 2012 tax credits for high efficient heating and air units. For products “placed in service” in 2012, consumers need to file the 2012 version of IRS Form 5695 and submit it with the 2012 taxes. The deadline is the same day all federal taxes are due, April 15th, 2013. On the 1040 form consumers should enter the tax credit from Form 5695 (the residential energy tax credit) on line 52.

Consumers are urged to save all receipts and the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement in their records. Form 5695 needs to be submitted with the 2012 taxes. If all this sounds very confusing, just bring your receipts to your tax preparer and they should have no problem figuring out how much you can save.

If you did not save your records and bought a new energy saving unit with us, you can contact us at and we will be happy to provide you with copies of your documentation.

For consumers who purchased products from us in 2013, hold onto your receipts and use them next year. The tax credit applies to 2013 as well.

For more information on, contact your tax preparer. You can also go to the ENERGY STAR website and learn more about high efficient energy saving units.

Van Johnson

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.